22 September 2009

Venice and Chioggia

My neighbor and I took our kids to Italy for a week in May. We stayed just south of Venice in an apartment 2 blocks from the beach... yeah, it was as fabulous as it sounds. The beach was a low-key solidly middle-class family place perfect for us. The waves were mild and the water was shallow for 25 feet out. We took the ferry to Venice one day where we ate lobster pasta just off Piazza San Marco and shelled out the big bucks for a "romantic" gondola ride through the city. The kids kept trying to either put their heads in the water or reach out to touch the walls. How is it that I don't have any pictures from that day?! I know I took some!




This bridge view is in Chioggia


Gelato was a big part of our trip. Serena got a hilarious video of Ellie and G doing their "gelato dance" here. Think sugar high.

4 comments:

Sunshine Promises said...

"Oh, a friend and I just took the kids to Italy for the week . . . " Are you kidding me? Do you know how OOC that sounds to the rest of the world!?!

My dear, you were born to be one of two things:

1) a rockstar
2) a diplomat's wife.

I think you scored the better of the two.

carli k said...

no way I'm cool enough to be a rockstar, anyway.

For what it's worth: The entire week my friend and I kept looking at each other and giggling like, "How did WE get here?!"

triciarnorton said...

jealous!!!

colby said...

I love the gelato pictures! I remember asking Alex right after you got back, "So Alex, what did you do in Italy?" He said, "Uh, we ate ice cream!" If you've never tried it, it's hard to comprehend, but it really is the best stuff you can ever put in your mouth! No matter how hard we Americans try over here, we just can't make it taste the same.